So. It’s late, and I’m sleepy, but I have a few random thoughts on the 2009 Hot–er, Home–Run Derby…
* Joe Mauer looked absolutely adorable. I was glad to see that his hot buddy Morneau was nearby, too–it was fun watching Erin Andrews interview him. My god, those Twins make me want to pack up my stuff and move to Minnesota. Even though I hate the cold. Seriously, it’d be worth it.
* Speaking of Mauer, I wished he’d have advanced to the second round, but I thought he did really well, especially since he is not usually a home run hitter (except this year, apparently).
* Oh, and also on the Mauer topic? I decided that if he ever, like, sprouted fangs, he’d be the Sexiest Vampire Ever. I know, I know, that sounds ridiculous, but take a good look:
(OK, I admit I’ve been watching a little too much True Blood lately. But seriously, a vampirish Mauer could comparatively make even Bill Compton and Eric Northman look ugly.)
I don’t think he means to–he seems entirely too sweet to really mean to–but Mauer freakin’ smolders. *sigh* Moving on…
* That Pena dude’s pretty cute. The Rays are kind of underrated in terms of BILFiness. They’ve got Pena, Balfour *swoon*, Burrell, Kazmir, and Longoria. Having 5 BILFs on one team is pretty darn good.
* Prince Fielder’s children–or at least, I’m assuming they were his children–have the most freakin’ adorable hair I have ever seen. Awww!
* And on the Fielder topic: WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU AND YOUR HOMERS LAST YEAR WHEN I HAD YOU ON MY FANTASY BASEBALL TEAM? Not that I’m bitter or anything…
* Once I saw that the final round would be Fielder vs. Cruz, I wanted Cruz to win, just because I thought it would be neat if an underdog-type, who most people hadn’t really heard of before, would win. Sadly, it wasn’t in the cards, but he did a great job. Plus, I liked seeing so much of Josh Hamilton in the audience (since Hamilton was cheering on Cruz, a fellow Ranger). His tattoos kinda drive me wild.
* Ryan Howard, the only Phillie in the Derby, did a nice job, making it to the second round. He cranked out a couple killer homers, and he kinda made it look easy. That’s one of the zillion reasons he rocks. Hopefully he didn’t make it into the final round tonight because he’s saving up some homers for the second half of the baseball season… 🙂
I’m already giddy about watching the All-Star Game tomorrow. So many BILFs to watch. I mean, just having Utley, Mauer, and Morneau in the same place at the same time is enough to make me drown in a puddle of my own drool. Then add Hamilton, Longoria, Hill, Halladay, Werth, Billingsley, Nathan, and Haren… Yeah. It should be illegal to have so much hotness in one spot!